TRAINERS PROFILE: GAI WATERHOUSE AND ADRIAN BOTT
Own and Race with Gai Waterhouse and Adrian Bott in Partnership with Blueblood Thoroughbreds. Syndication Share available.
Gai Waterhouse is known to be Australia’s female racing monarch. She was born a blue blood and bred to be a champion in an elite, internationally known sport. Gai Waterhouse has placed a mark in the Australian racing world, and is known worldwide as a phenomenon. Her incredible track record stuns the nation to say the least and she truly is a testimony and an integral part of the racing industry.
About Gai Waterhouse
Rest assured that the Lady Trainer wants to win races just as much if not more than they do! As we stand, in just over 20 years of training, Gai Waterhouse has amassed over 120 Group One wins and currently sits third on the all-time list (Group One winners) behind T.J. Smith and Bart Cummings.
Gai has won Sydney’s two best races, the Golden Slipper and Doncaster Handicap six and seven times respectively. Consequently Gai is by far the most successful trainer ever in the Sydney Spring. ‘Make hay while the sun shines’ is a phrase one often can hear Gai quoting. This attitude is reflected by Gai’s results in the best races contested during the Sydney Spring Carnival. The Flight Stakes (7 wins), the Epsom Handicap (7 wins) and the Metropolitan Handicap (8 wins) have become races at the mercy of Gai each and every year.
Gai Waterhouse gives each and every horse that comes into her care every possible chance to succeed. Only six horses in the history of Sydney racing have won the two-year-old Triple Crown and Gai Waterhouse has trained two of them (Dance Hero 2004 and Pierro 2012). Gai in fact has won more Group One races with two-year-olds than any other trainer.
Gai Waterhouse and Adrian Bott’s recent Group success PROMPT RESPONSE (Sky Racing Tattersall’s Club Tiara., Gr.1, Emancipation Stakes., Gr.2, Breeders Classic, Gr.2), ENGLISH (Doomben 10,000., Gr.1), PINOT (Kennedy Oaks., Gr.1), GLOBAL GLAMOUR (Thousand Guineas., Gr.1, Flight Stakes., Gr.1, Tristarc Stakes Gr.2) SEDANZER (Brisbane Cup., Gr.2), , SANTOS (Skyline Stakes., Gr.2), SAVAPINSKI (Matriarch Stakes., Gr.2), GOLD STANDARD (Stan Fox Stakes., Gr.2).
Highlights and Successes
- Gai Waterhouse was inducted into the Australian Racing Hall of Fame on Monday 26th November 2007.
- Recorded 11 group 1 wins in 2004/2005 season setting her all time record
- Equalled her all time best record with 11 Group 1 Wins in the 2006/2007 season
- Licensed AJC trainer January 3, 1992
- Gifted Poet – first winner March 15, 1992 Hawkesbury Superfecta Hcp
- Moods – First group winner (1992 Gosford Cup Group Three)
- Te Akau Nick – First group one winner (October 5, 1992 AJC Metropolitan)
- Nothin’ Leica Dane – First classic winner (1995 VRC Victoria Derby)
- Third trainer in history to prepare 100-plus Sydney winners (season 1996-97 104.5 wins)
- 100th black type win – May 1998 with Zabeel filly Zacheline
- Won Sydney trainer’s premiership 1996-97 with 104.5 wins
- Recorded 10 Group One wins in 1996-97 – only the sixth trainer to do so in one season.
- Winning the Gr 1 AJC Doncaster Handicap in 4 successive years – 6 times in 12 years.
- Being the only trainer to quinella the Doncaster and Sydney Cup (both Gr 1) in the same season .
- Winner of the 2001 Golden Slipper trifecta with Ha Ha, Excellerator and Red *Hannigan – a feat never achieved in this race.
- Equalling her father’s record of training 156 metropolitan winners in a season, in 2002-03.
- Training 2004 Champion 2YO of the Year Dance Hero to become the horse to win the Magic Millions and Golden Slipper, as well as the Sydney 2YO Triple Crown.
- Honoured with the VRC and Thoroughbred Racehorse Owners Association Archer *Award for outstanding achievement and contribution to the racing industry
- Presented the Sarah Kennedy Award for Contribution to Racing
- Winner of the Westpac Business Owner Award and named the states top businesswoman as the Telstra NSW Businesswoman of the Year 2000.
It is an understatement to say that Gai Waterhouse has a very impressive track record. Her winning streak is incredible and has trained some of the most renowned runners today. Focus, vision, energy and a determination to succeed, has enabled Gai Waterhouse to capture: 126 Group 1 Wins, more than 461 coveted black type trophies, 4 NSW Premierships, 7 Sydney Trainer’s Premierships and Gai Waterhouse has also won a premiership title of Australia’s leading G1 Winning Trainer.
Career Total: Starts 12,899 – Wins 2,644 (20.5%) – Placings 3,422 (26.5%) – Prizemoney $177,116,700
GAI WATERHOUSE AND ADRIAN BOTT’S 2017/18 RESULTS
1ST – 154 2ND – 127 3RD – 89 PRIZEMONEY $11,604,677
Based at the epicentre of Australian racing at Sydney’s Randwick racetrack, the training facilities at Tulloch Lodge are second-to-none. Gai Waterhouse has acquired a wide array of techniques for her horses to ensure they get state of the art training including working on track surfaces, swimming (both in the equine pool and at nearby Botany Bay), hand walking her horses over the hills, treadmill work and many other modern aids.
thoroughbred shares gai waterhouse, thoroughbred shares gai waterhouse, thoroughbred shares gai waterhouse, thoroughbred shares gai waterhouse,